Consumer & Security Issues
If you are unsure about the status of a location professional asking to photograph your property as a potential location site, do not hesitate to contact a local film commission office or the CFC Location Resource Center. Please provide the name of the individual and the company they represent. In addition, if other potential legal matters arise please refer to the various Websites provided. Unfortunately, it is not possible for CFC staff to offer any form of legal advice.
- California Secretary of State Business Search
- Internet Movie Database (IMDB) – Credits
- LA411 / VARIETY411 Location Managers List
- Location Managers Guild International – LMGI
- Location Managers Union – Teamsters Local 399
- Reel Directory – Northern California Location Managers
- Better Business Bureau
- California Department of Consumer Affairs
- California Department of Real Estate – DRE Complaint Area
- Department of Industrial Relations / Division of Labor Standards Enforcement Offices
- Federal Trade Commission – Western Region
- Los Angeles County Recorder Fictitious Business Name System
- State of California, Department of Justice – Office of the Attorney General
- Martindale-Hubble Law Directory
- Small Claims – California Courts – The Judicial Branch of California – Search attorneys by area of practice.
- State Bar of California – Search California attorneys by personal name.
For questions about the information provided above, please call the CFC Location Resource Center at 323.860.2960 x 123.