Film & TV Tax Credit Program 3.0
Tax Credit Program 3.0
Several application windows are administered each fiscal year. Applicants are encouraged to review the program guidelines, tracking tips, and qualified expenditure chart prior to submitting an application via the online portal. IMPORTANT NOTE: The application portal closes at 5 PM on the last day of every application window. The following business day after the application window closes, the CFC will notify qualified applicants. Selected applicants will have three (3) business days to upload supporting documentation via the online application portal. The CFC provides an online portal guide that shows detailed step-by-step screen examples of how to fill out the online application portal! Good luck!
As a reference guide, a PDF version of the application is available; the document contains a form for non-independents (feature films and recurring TV), relocating television, and independent projects. In order to be eligible, applicants must complete and submit the application via the online portal.
Upcoming Application Dates
Application portal closes at 5 PM on the the last day of each application window.
RELOCATING TV SERIES
September 28 – 30, 2020
Phase II: October 1 – 5, 2020
RECURRING TV SERIES
October 5 – 7, 2020
Phase II: October 8 – 12, 2020
Approval Date: November 16, 2020
New TV applications will not be accepted during this application window.
INDEPENDENT & NON-INDEPENDENT FEATURE FILMS
January 25 – 27, 2021
Phase II: January 28 – February 1, 2021
Approval Date: March 1, 2021
This window is the second and final application period for non-independent and independent films
for Year 1 of Program 3.0.
Stay calm! The CFC provides an online portal guide that shows detailed step-by-step screen examples of how to fill out the online application portal! CFC staff is available to help via email or phone. Good luck!
- The online portal works best using Google Chrome. It does not work with Internet Explorer.
- You may set up an account now.
- To move from section to section, click “Return to Summary Screen” at the bottom of the page.
- Be sure to click “Complete” before moving on to the next section in order to save all new data and/or changes.
- If you get an error message, refresh the page.
- You may make changes to each page even after you complete each section.
- Once all sections are completed and the application is submitted, the Jobs Ratio will appear.
- If further changes are needed after the application is submitted, click “Recall” under “Application Summary” page.
- Once the application window closes, applicants are unable to “recall” the application; no further changes can be made.
- Click the house icon (top left) to see a summary of all your application(s) and jobs ratio(s).