Welcome to the California Film Commission, your one-stop resource for film and TV production across the Golden State.
California is home to the entertainment industry...and for good reason. We have the best weather (315 days of sunshine per year), the most diverse locations (from 840 miles of coastline to vast desert sand dunes, and everything in between), the most skilled crews and the world's best production infrastructure.
California Film & TV Tax Credit Update:
The California Film Commission is currently developing regulations and other procedures to administer the newly expanded tax credit program. Please check our Incentives Page periodically for program updates.
- APRIL 1, 2015 - FINAL ALLOCATION OF FUNDS FROM "OLD" TAX CREDIT PROGRAM
- For Independent Projects* ONLY.
- REMINDER ABOUT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- The CFC will accept applications for the final tax credit lottery on Wednesday, April 1, 2015. In order to be considered for this final allocation, applications must be received at the CFC offices no earlier than 9:00 a.m. and no later than 3:00 p.m. (Any application received prior to 9:00 a.m. on April 1st will be returned to sender unprocessed; any application received later than 3:00 p.m. on April 1st will be processed the following day). See application notification here Production Alert - Tax Credit New Allocation Period 2015 (Productions may not begin principal photography before July 1, 2015)
- MAY 11-17, 2015 - New Program (TV applications ONLY) - (Projects selected by new ranking system; Productions may not begin principal photography before July 1, 2015)
- JULY 13-25, 2015 - New Program (Applications for FEATURE FILMS) - (Projects selected by new ranking system; Productions may not begin principal photography before the application is approved)
- Film & TV Tax Credits
- Online Permits for Filming on State Property (beaches, parks, roadways, universities and government buildings)
- An Online Location Database via CinemaScout, and Personalized Location Assistance/Problem Solving
- Access to California's Statewide Network of More Than 60 Regional Film Offices (for local support, location information and permits)
- Learn about Green Production Resources
A few of the services you can access via this website include:
California Film Commission launches LOCATION CALIFORNIA magazine. Click link below for digital 'page-turner':
Submit your information to receive a hard copy in the mail: Magazine Request
We also have a vast array of tools and resources to help you navigate all sorts of production issues, from work permits to on-set safety. You can find links and contact info for relevant government agencies, industry associations, guilds/unions, production directories, entertainment job listings and more. We even have charts for weather, sunrise/sunset times and the 30-mile studio zone.
Interested in hosting filming? Click here for details.
We look forward to helping you make your next project a success!