Los Angeles Secondary Studio Zone
Ratified by Teamsters, Local 399 and the I.A.T.S.E. in August, 2015 the “Secondary Studio Zone” refers to an area extending ten (10) miles from the perimeter of the Studio Zone and including John Wayne Airport. Please note: the Secondary Zone does not apply to members of the Directors Guild of America and SAG_AFTRA.
When employees (members of Local 399 and the I.A.T.S.E. only) are directed to report to a location within the Secondary Studio Zone, the following shall apply:
1. Producer shall notify employees not less than 24 hours in advance that it intends to require employees to report to a location within the Second Studio Zone. Such notification shall not constitute a work call.
2. Mileage shall be paid from the studio or production office to and from the location within the Secondary Studio Zone. In addition, the Producer shall pay a $4.50 per day allowance to each employee asked to report within the Secondary Studio Zone.
3. Courtesy housing shall be offered to those employees who work in excess of twelve (12) hours in the Secondary Studio Zone.
4. Rest periods shall be calculated from the perimeter of the thirty (30) mile Studio Zone. A designated representative of the Producer and a designated representative of the IATSE shall determine the amount of time needed to travel between the Secondary Studios Zone location and the perimeter of the 30-mile Zone for purposes of calculating rest periods. In the event of a dispute, the matter shall be referred to a representative of the Union and to the Labor Relations representative of the Producer for resolution.
5. Except as otherwise provided herein, all of the other provisions applicable to an employee reporting within the thirty (30) mile Studio Zone shall apply.
6. The Union agrees to not unreasonably deny waivers for locations, such as Lake Hughes, Elizabeth Lake and the Masimo Corporation Building in Irvine, that are outside the thirty (30) mile Studio Zone and the Secondary Studio Zone, to be treated as within the Secondary Studio Zone.